– Inspect the ATM, gas pump, or credit card reader before using it…be suspicious if you see anything loose, crooked, or damaged, or if you notice scratches or adhesive/tape residue.
– When entering your PIN, block the keypad with your other hand to prevent possible hidden cameras from recording your number.
– If possible, use an ATM at an inside location (less access for criminals to install skimmers).
– Be careful of ATMs in tourist areas…they are a popular target of skimmers.
– If your card isn’t returned after the transaction or after hitting “cancel,” immediately contact the financial institution that issued the card
This is the link with the full story: http://www.fbi.gov/news/stories/2011/july/atm_071411/atm_071411.
3 out of 4 women know their attacker…
May he never know freedom again…